Tuesday, May 26, 2009

memorial day

did you barbecue? we did. a last minute affair up at my dad's house (sans dad, actually, who has been in australia giving seminars - my brother was there caring for his plants), which made it feel like a real holiday, with the backyard and open pit grilling and larger kitchen. (no, my child is not standing in the fire.)

fire pit

i even remembered to take out my camera for a few minutes, though i didn't wind up with any photos i liked all that well. even so, i bare my soul to share with you a bit of the evening, and my dad's hillside garden-in-progress.

mdhillside

if there were a way to include 'before' shots, you would be well impressed with the transformation. as is, appreciate the tons and tons of rock, and now picture them all with that lovely moss coating they will have in a few years.... and of course, the boy, who would never stand still, and is therefore somewhat soft around the edges in almost every frame i took of him. i'm very glad, in a non-photographic way.

maelstrom

climbing

hair

perhaps i hear you say that i like overmuch the black and white. guilty as charged.

No comments: